Advocacy for You and Your Patients
The Minnesota Medical Association is the only organization that represents all physicians in Minnesota, regardless of specialty or practice size.
- At the Capitol: The MMA follows hundreds of legislative bills each session, ensuring physician voices are represented at the Capitol.
- In the Courtroom: The MMA advocates for physicians by filing amicus briefs in cases that have the potential to widely impact Minnesota physicians and patients from a legal and/or public policy perspective. Most recently, these efforts included filing an amicus brief in Warren v. Dinter – a case where the Minnesota Supreme Court issued a ruling that the existence of a physician-patient relationship is not a prerequisite for a medical malpractice action.
Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development
From CME and MOC credit available through webinars and in-person events to committee leadership opportunities and policy discussions, the MMA offers a variety of ways for physicians to learn and engage with their peers. Opportunities include:
Member Insurance Products and Discounts
MMA members are able to participate in a variety of insurance programs including:
- COPIC Medical Liability Insurance – As MMA’s endorsed medical professional liability insurance carrier, MMA members receive a 10% discount.
- Specialized group term life insurance program underwritten by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company as well as plans of individual life insurance, long term care insurance, disability insurance, and auto/homeowners insurance from the leading insurance companies. A network of experienced insurance professionals is available to work with you to meet your insurance needs.
- MetLife Auto & Home is the provider of an auto and home benefit program that provides you with access to insurance coverage for your personal insurance needs. Policies available include: auto, home, landlord’s rental dwelling, condo, fire, renters, recreational vehicle, boat, and personal excess liability (“umbrella”) policies.
News and Information
Members are kept informed about key issues and legislative topics through weekly email updates, social media, mnmed.org and our print magazine:
Contact our membership team