The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) Foundation is committed to changing the face of medicine to make medicine more diverse. As part of this commitment, we offer a limited number of grants each year to cover the out-of-pocket costs of MCAT® fees for eligible students. Funding preference for this program is to students from racial and ethnic populations underrepresented in the medical profession relative to their numbers in the general population.
Overview of the MCAT® Fee Relief Grants
- Maximum MCAT® fee relief grant award per student: $330
- Maximum available to distribute in 2023: $3,300
- Eligible expenses: Eligible recipients may use the MCAT® fee relief grant to be reimbursed for out of pocket costs associated with MCAT® exam registration fees paid on/after Feb. 22, 2023
- A student may receive MCAT® fee grant funding once
Minnesota residents are eligible for this scholarship opportunity if:
- They are a Minnesota resident enrolled on a full-time basis in a Minnesota college or university
- They have a current grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 system
- They have not previously received a MMA Foundation MCAT® Fee Relief Grant
- They intend to enroll in a medical or osteopathic school in the United States.
Funding preference will be given to students who meet all eligibility requirements and identify as being of a demographic under-represented in medicine and whose personal statement includes a demonstration of financial need.
- Each grant award is capped at $330.
- Eligible students may be awarded an MMA Foundation MCAT® fee relief grant once to enable others to benefit from the program.
- The program is open year-round, and the Board will annually establish the funding available in this program.
- No MMA Foundation MCAT® fee relief grants will be considered for MCAT® registration fees paid prior to February 22, 2023.
- Grant awards will be mailed within 45 days of the grant award notification.
2023 Application Requirements
A complete MMA Foundation MCAT® fee grant application will include the following:
- Signed certification page
- Current college transcript
- Proof of MCAT exam registration
- Proof of MCAT registration fee paid
- Personal statement to support your application
- Letter of recommendation
Applicants will use the MMA Foundation’s MCAT® Fee Relief Grant form which requires also requires a personal statement and letter of support from a current faculty/advisor.
For clarification on award terms and requirements, contact the MMA Foundation.
There are a limited number of MMA Foundation MCAT® Fee Grants available each year. Grants from the MMA Foundation MCAT® Fee Grant Fund are available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants. The MMA Foundation reserves the right to not award any grants during a calendar year. The MMA Foundation will annually establish the funding available in this program.