The MMA actively advances its agenda, and defends medicine and patient care at the Minnesota Capitol. Our legislative priorities are:
- Opioid Crisis
- The MMA is educating prescribers and patients on appropriate opioid use and supporting efforts to treat addiction.
- Prescribing Burdens/Prior Authorization
- The MMA is working to make sure patients can get access to needed medication without prescribers having to jump through unreasonable burdens, like prior authorizations for basic drugs.
- Provider Tax
- The MMA is working to find a stable funding source for our health care safety net that does not fall solely on health care providers.
- 2018 Legislative Summary
- Read a summary of the work the MMA did on your behalf.
- Find your legislator
- Not sure who is your legislator? Use this tool to find out.