The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy (BOP) announced on Sept. 9 that it has launched a statewide initiative, using Appriss Health’s PMP Gateway service, to integrate access to Minnesota Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) reports from within approved Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Pharmacy Management Systems (PMS).
Through available grant funding, the BOP will cover the licensing fees associated with the integration service, from Sept. 1, 2020. through Aug. 31, 2021, for Minnesota health-care entities electing to connect their EHR or PMS to PMP Gateway.
This integration will eliminate the need for prescribers and pharmacists to navigate to the Minnesota PMP website, log in, and enter their patient’s information. Instead, the EHR or PMS will automatically initiate a patient search, which when requested by an authorized account holder, will return a view of the patient’s controlled substance prescription report inside the EHR or PMS, without leaving the clinical workflow. The integration will continue to provide access to the NarxCare analytics tool and care management platform, which helps prescribers and dispensers analyze PMP data and manage substance use disorder.
For more detailed information about this initiative, please review the Minnesota PMP Gateway Welcome Kit
If your organization is interested in integrating your health IT system with the Minnesota PMP, please visit the PMP Integration Request website
and follow the steps to complete the following:
- Submit an Integration Request Form
- Complete the End User License Agreement
- Complete the PMP Gateway Licensee Questionnaire
Keep in mind that:
- Completing the Integration Request form will automatically generate the required documents to be sent from HelloSign to the Primary Contact provided.
- All three steps are required to participate.
- Only authorized decision makers should fill out the paperwork.