Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, Minnesota Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm, and health equity experts Uché Blackstock, MD, Esther Choo, MD, MPH, and Jane van Dis, MD, will highlight the list of prominent faculty scheduled for this year’s Annual Conference, being held online Sept. 25 and 26.
The conference will include many of the activities seen at past annual conferences including education sessions, policy discussions, MMA awards, MMA business update, the president’s inauguration, and the medical student/resident/fellow poster symposium.
Conference sessions will help mobilize physicians and physicians-in-training to create change across a variety of health care issues, including assessing what role they can play in addressing issues of equity in health care. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to evaluate the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic, assess opportunities for growth in our health care systems and discuss tools needed to address future public health emergencies.
Confirmed faculty for Friday’s sessions (noon to 5 p.m.) include:
• Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, Director, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, University of Minnesota
• Jan Malcolm, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health
• Ed Ehlinger, MD, MPH, Public Health Metaphysician and Former Minnesota Health Commissioner
• Mark Rosenberg, MD, Vice Dean for Education, University of Minnesota Medical School
• Kou Thao, Director, Minnesota Department of Health, Center for Health Equity
Confirmed faculty for Saturday’s sessions (9 to 11:30 a.m.) include:
• Esther Choo, MD, MPH, Professor Emergency Medicine OHSU, Co-Founder Equity Quotient
• Uché Blackstock, MD, Founder and CEO Advancing Health Equity
• Jane van Dis, MD, Co-Founder and CEO Equity Quotient
. Visit our website
for the most up-to-date conference information and to sign up
to receive updates on the 2020 Annual Conference.
Cost: $75 for members; $125 for non-members; $65 for retirees; $25 for residents/fellows/students.
COPIC, the MMA’s endorsed medical professional liability insurance provider, is the premier sponsor of the 2020 MMA Annual Conference.