The MMA is lending its support to the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office and the Anoka County Attorney’s Office to help them promote their new “Dose of Reality” campaign, which is designed to prevent prescription painkiller abuse in Minnesota.
The goals of the campaign are to:
- Raise awareness of prescription painkiller abuse in Minnesota, especially among those at highest risk of abuse—young people ages 12-25
- Communicate the risks and dangers of improper use, storage, and disposal of prescription painkillers
- Get Minnesota residents to take action by:
- Using prescriptions only as directed
- Storing prescription painkillers safely and securely
- Disposing of unwanted and unused prescription painkillers properly and safely
It’s another example of the MMA’s efforts to work with strategic partners to educate physicians and patients on prescription opioids. Since 2015, the MMA, the Steve Rummler Hope Foundation and the University of Minnesota Medical School have been partnering on a series of lectures that are recorded live at the University of Minnesota Medical School and made available for free CME and MOC credit on the MMA website
. The lectures provide physicians and other providers with valuable information on topics related to pain management, opioid prescribing and addiction.
For more information on the Dose of Reality campaign, click here