Leadership Positions for Residents/Fellows
The Resident and Fellow Section of the Minnesota Medical Association is open to any physician in an accredited residency or postgraduate fellow program in Minnesota who is a member of the MMA and local component medical society.
The purpose of this section is to give resident physicians a greater opportunity to participate in the Minnesota Medical Association and a more direct role in MMA policy deliberations.
The Governing Council of the RFS consists of the officers of the section, the resident member of the MMA Board of Trustees, and four members-at-large, elected at the annual business meeting of the section.
Do we have your information? Residents and fellows get a FREE MMA membership! If you are not receiving our weekly newsletter or the bi-monthly award-winning Minnesota Medicine Digital Edition please contact us!
Share your experiences and gain valuable insight from peers during networking events. Join the MMA-RFS group on Facebook.
2020-2021 MMA RFS Governing Council:
- Chairperson: John Patrick (JP) Janowski, MD
- Vice-Chairperson: Bryan Neth, MD, PhD
- Secretary: Aakash Desai, M.B.B.S, M.P.H
- Board of Trustee Representative: Maria Arciniegas Calle, MD
- Outreach Coordinator: Alexis del Vecchio, MD
- AMA RFS Delegation Chairperson: Natalie Rea, MD
- AMA RFS Delegation Vice-Chairperson: Saam Dilmaghani, MD, M.P.H
- Zumbro Valley Medical Society Representative: John Patrick (JP) Janowski, MD
Governing Council is elected to serve Oct. 1, 2020 - Sept. 30, 2021.
2021 RFS Committee Representatives
- Policy Council
- Ethic and Legal Affairs
- Maraika Robinson, MD (delegate)
- Megan Everson, MD (alternate)
- Public Health
- Amy James, MD (delegate)
- Rosemary Liu, MD (alternate)
- Medical Practice & Quality
- William Minteer, MD (delegate)
- Caleb Scheckel, DO (alternate)
*If interested, contact Kim Anderson
The business meetings of the Resident and Fellow Section are open to all resident physicians. The purpose of the business meetings is to:
- Review reports
- Consider and vote upon matters that come before the meeting.
- Elect a chairperson-elect, the resident member of the MMA Board of Trustees, delegate, alternate delegate and four members-at-large of the Governing Council.
- Elect the allotted number of delegates to the Interim and Annual Meetings of the AMA/RFS.
For more information regarding the Resident and Fellow Section, contact Kim Anderson
- December 8, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- October 8, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- February 3, 2020
- December 17, 2019
- November 5, 2019
- April 16, 2019
- February 11, 2019
- January 9, 2019
- December 5, 2018
- October 24, 2018
- March 27, 2018
- February 12, 2018
- January 16, 2018