The MMA is launching a pilot mentorship program for students at the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine and the University of Minnesota Medical School. This program will pair medical students with residents, practicing physicians and retired physicians who are willing to serve as mentors.
Mentors (resident/fellow, practicing or retired physician)
- The mentor will connect with their mentee to set up initial mentorship goals, and follow-up according to their agreed upon plan.
- The mentor will make themselves available to connect with medical students either via email or phone.
- The mentor will answer questions and offer informal advice on some of the following topics:
- Residency application process
- Specialty choice
- Professional development
- Opportunities to serve as a mentor for students in the Hands On Advocacy Project (HOA).
- If you are interested in advocacy and want to share some of this expertise and insight with medical students, we’ve love to have you as a mentor for students in HOA. Click on the Mentor application below and choose HOA.
Mentees (medical student)
- The mentee will connect with their mentor either via email or phone to set up initial mentorship goals, and follow-up according to their agreed upon plan.
Sign up below if you are interested in being a part of this exciting opportunity:
This program is currently in a pilot phase, and additional mentor/mentee assignments will be made as opportunities become available.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Elizabeth Anderson
or Juliana Milhofer