The MMA is launching a pilot mentorship program for students at the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine and the University of Minnesota Medical School. This program will pair medical students with residents, practicing physicians and retired physicians who are willing to serve as mentors.
Mentors (resident/fellow, practicing or retired physician)
- The mentor will connect with their mentee to set up initial mentorship goals, and follow-up according to their agreed upon plan.
- The mentor will make themselves available to connect with medical students either via email or phone.
- The mentor will answer questions and offer informal advice on some of the following topics:
- Residency application process
- Specialty choice
- Professional development
Mentees (medical student)
- The mentee will connect with their mentor either via email or phone to set up initial mentorship goals, and follow-up according to their agreed upon plan.
Sign up below if you are interested in being a part of this exciting opportunity:
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Juliana Milhofer
or Scott Wilson