2019 Day at the Capitol
Raise Your Voice
Thanks to all of the physicians and physicians-in-training who attended our Day at the Capitol. It was a huge success!
2019 Legislative Priorities:
- Preserving MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance coverage by adopting a claims expenditure assessment as an on-going, stable funding mechanism for the expiring, outdated provider tax.
- Ensuring continuation of drug therapy for patients with chronic medication needs by limiting the ability of health plans or pharmacy benefit managers to restrict access to drugs once a patient begins a therapy.
- Supporting legislation that ensures prescribers receive real-time notifications on formulary changes and alternative covered drugs.
- Supporting funding to address the opioid crisis, including funds to ensure Prescription Monitoring Program access through the EHR and to address addiction treatment, prevention, and education.
- Supporting changes to the Minnesota Health Records Act to align with federal HIPAA laws to improve efforts to better coordinate patient care and reduce duplication of services.
Thanks to our 2019 partners
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Otolaryngology
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Cardiology
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Physicians
- Minnesota Psychiatric Society
- Zumbro Valley Medical Society
Get connected through our grass roots activities:
For either Capitol Rounds or District Dialogues, contact Dave Renner, director of state and federal legislative affairs (612-362-3750)