2019 Day at the Capitol
Raise Your Voice
Advocate for medicine at MMA’s Day at the Capitol!
Physician participation is an integral piece of the MMA’s ability to influence legislators. Why? Because legislators listen to physicians and want your opinion. Plus, the decisions made at the Capitol affect your practice, profession and patients.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
12:30 - 1 p.m. – Registration
1 - 2 - Presentation/Backgrounding
2 - 4:30 - Meetings with legislators
4:30 - 6 - Reception at The Commodore Bar & Restaurant (79 Western Ave. N., St. Paul)
2019 Legislative Priorities:
- Preserving MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance coverage by adopting a claims expenditure assessment as an on-going, stable funding mechanism for the expiring, outdated provider tax.
- Ensuring continuation of drug therapy for patients with chronic medication needs by limiting the ability of health plans or pharmacy benefit managers to restrict access to drugs once a patient begins a therapy.
- Supporting legislation that ensures prescribers receive real-time notifications on formulary changes and alternative covered drugs.
- Supporting funding to address the opioid crisis, including funds to ensure Prescription Monitoring Program access through the EHR and to address addiction treatment, prevention, and education.
- Supporting changes to the Minnesota Health Records Act to align with federal HIPAA laws to improve efforts to better coordinate patient care and reduce duplication of services.
Get connected through our grass roots activities:
For either Capitol Rounds or District Dialogues, contact Dave Renner, director of state and federal legislative affairs (612-362-3750)