2023 Physicians' Day at the Capitol
Physicians' Day at the Capitol is set for Wednesday, February 8, 2023!
Physicians and physicians-in-training from across the state will gather again, in-person, at the state Capitol on February 8 to advocate on behalf of medicine.
The annual get-together, which has been held virtually the last two years, will include a review of top legislative priorities and tips on how to interact effectively with elected officials.
12:30 pm - Registration
1 pm - Welcome
2:15 to 4 pm - Meetings with legislators
- Specialty Societies will be meeting in the morning preceding this event start time. Please indicate within the registration if you plan to attend one of those meetings.
|Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
|Minnesota Chapter, American College of Cardiology
||Justice's Dining Rm.
|Minnesota Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians
|Minnesota Chapter, American College of Physicians
||Governor’s Dining Rm.
|MMA Medical School Section
Thanks to our 2023 event partners:
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Cardiology
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Minnesota Chapter, American College of Physicians
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Minnesota Osteopathic Medical Society
- Minnesota Psychiatric Society
- Zumbro Valley Medical Society
MMA's 2023 legislative priorities
Increase access to care through expanded telehealth coverage
Improving patient safety through open and honest communications (CANDOR)
Ensure patient treatment preferences are followed and respected (POLST)
Recuperative care for those experiencing homelessness
Stop insurers from forcing patients to switch medications mid-year
Get connected through our grass roots activities:
For either Capitol Rounds or District Dialogues, contact Dave Renner, director of state and federal legislative affairs (612-362-3750)