To optimize the health and wellness of Minnesotans and to address health equity issues and the social determinants of health.
- Address issues related to public and population health (e.g., obesity, diet and exercise, maternal and child care, substance abuse, crime, lifestyle, preventive medicine, environmental and occupational health, etc.).
- Advocate the importance of a healthy population.
- Work to reduce disparities in health care and to increase equity in health care outcomes.
- Examine opportunities to strengthen relationships between medicine and public health.
- Monitor and address legislative and regulatory issues affecting public health, wellness, and safety.
- Communicate relevant issues to the Board of Trustees and MMA membership.
- October 22, 2015
- August 17, 2015
- April 07, 2015
- January 07, 2015
- November 5, 2014
- July 30, 2014
- March 11, 2014
- January 22, 2014
- October 21, 2013
- August 27, 2013
- April 25, 2013
- January 30, 2013
- Kimberly L. Tjaden, MD, Chair
- Beth A. Baker, MD, MPH
- Gregory W. Barsness, MD
- Raymond G. Christensen, MD
- Lynn Cornell, MD
- Valeria Cristiani, MD
- Ramona S. De Jesus, MD
- Joseph P. Garry, MD
- Vincent F. Garry, MD, MS, DABT
- Jane E. Korn, MD, MPH
- Alexander A. Levitan, MD
- Jacob P. Prunuske, MD
- Christopher Reif, MD, MPH
- Danielle Hron, Medical Student representative
- Saumya Shah, Medical Student alternate
- Rupa Austria, MD, Resident Fellow representative
- Suzette Barakat, MD, Resident Fellow alternate
- Juliana Milhofer, Staff