Which presentation is right for you and your practice?
The MMA provides presentations on a variety of issues that affect physicians and their clinics. Each presentation is tailored to the needs of the audience and is delivered by content experts from among MMA staff or leadership. MMA Rounds presentations are available free of charge to members and are available virtually.
- Advocacy 101: Tips and tactics for effective and influential advocacy with policy makers and elected officials.
- 2020 COVID-19 Impact Study Results: Discussion of the key findings of a recent study commissioned by the MMA on the impact of the pandemic on patients, physicians and physician practices.
- Trends in Law and Medicine: Learn about medical malpractice in Minnesota and emerging legal trends impacting the practice of medicine. Two recent Minnesota Supreme Court cases, Warren vs. Dinter and Popovich vs. Allina Health System et al, will be discussed as part of this presentation.
- Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM): This 90-minute workshop is about how to reduce access to the methods people use to kill themselves. It covers who needs lethal means counseling and how to work with people at risk for suicide—and their families—to reduce access.
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention: This hour-long training conducted by a physician trains colleagues to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis, and to question, persuade and refer someone for help.
- Legislative Update - Learn what to expect at the 2021 Minnesota Legislature.
- POLST Health Care Directive Overview: The Provider Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment is a portable medical order that gives patients with advanced serious illness the option to exercise increased control over the treatment they receive at the end of life. MMA has developed a program we believe best assures that the patient/family are provided standardized information on their POLST choices.
- How Elections Impact Health Policy Decisions
- Up in Smoke: The latest research on e-cigarettes, new trends in youth tobacco use and best practices in tobacco cessation.
On-line Learning Opportunities: