At the Legislature
2019 Legislative Priorities:
- Preserving MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance coverage by adopting a claims expenditure assessment as an on-going, stable funding mechanism for the expiring, outdated provider tax.
- Ensuring continuation of drug therapy for patients with chronic medication needs by limiting the ability of health plans or pharmacy benefit managers to restrict access to drugs once a patient begins a therapy.
- Supporting legislation that ensures prescribers receive real-time notifications on formulary changes and alternative covered drugs.
- Supporting funding to address the opioid crisis, including funds to ensure Prescription Monitoring Program access through the EHR and to address addiction treatment, prevention, and education.
- Supporting changes to the Minnesota Health Records Act to align with federal HIPAA laws to improve efforts to better coordinate patient care and reduce duplication of services.
Director of State and Federal Legislation
Office - 612-362-3750
Mobile – 612-518-3437
Manager of State Legislative Affairs
Office - 612-362-3732
Mobile – 612-747-3683