The MMA supports physicians and patients through advocacy on crucial issues affecting the health of Minnesotans and the practice of medicine. Our current advocacy priorities are:
- Opioid Crisis
- The MMA is educating prescribers and patients on appropriate opioid use and supporting efforts to treat addiction.
- Provider Tax
- The MMA is working to find a stable funding source for our health care safety net that does not fall solely on health care providers.
- Tobacco 21
- We must reduce underage smoking and stop the addiction before it starts. Raising the age to purchase tobacco to 21 is the best way to do so.
- Prescribing Burdens/Prior Authorization
- The MMA is working to make sure patients can get access to needed medication without prescribers having to jump through unreasonable burdens, like prior authorizations for basic drugs.