Submit an Abstract
The MMA is inviting medical students, residents and fellows to submit abstracts of original research or clinical vignettes for consideration for publication in our award-winning publication, Minnesota Medicine, and/or display at our Annual Conference.
Submissions demonstrating appropriate quality will be selected for publication in the magazine and authors will be invited to present their work in a virtual poster session at the MMA's 2020 Annual Conference.
Research abstracts should include a brief description of the research problem, methodology and results, and a discussion of the findings. Clinical vignettes should include a description of the case, the diagnosis and treatment approach, and a discussion of the implications of the case.
Questions regarding eligibility can be directed to email@example.com
Rules and regulations:
- Each main author may submit only 1 research abstract/clinical vignette for consideration
- Main author must be a medical student, resident or fellow in Minnesota (Enrolled in and actively pursuing an approved course within the State of Minnesota leading to the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy, or engaged in a resident or fellow program approved by the Liaison Committee on Graduate Medical Education)
- Submissions must be no longer than 500 words plus reference (author names do NOT count toward word limit)
- Submissions to other conferences are eligible for entry
- Information regarding unapproved uses of approved products or investigational uses of unapproved products must be clearly presented with the following statement included on the poster: “The following information concerns a use that has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.”
Deadline is May 31, 2020
- To be considered for publishing in Minnesota Medicine in September, 2020.
- To be considered for virtual display at the 2020 Annual Conference: Friday, Sept. 25 and Saturday, Sept. 26.