To set up an interview with MMA leaders or to request information about health care issues call or email Dan Hauser at 612-362-3726 (office) or 952-807-3178 (cell).
To download pictures for print, right click on the picture and select "save target as."
Marilyn Peitso, MD
Peitso is a Hospitalist at CentraCare Clinic in St. Cloud.
Immediate Past President
Randy Rice, MD
Rice is a family physician with Gateway Family Health Clinic, Moose Lake.
Keith Stelter, MD
Stelter is a family physician with Mayo Clinic Health System-Eastridge in Mankato.
Chair, Board of Trustees
Edwin Bogonko, MD
Bogonko is an internal medicine physician with St. Francis Regional Medical Center.
Chief Executive Officer
Downloadable MMA Logos HiRes LoRes
Carolyn McClain, MD
MMA Fast Facts
- The Minnesota Medical Association is a non-profit professional association representing 10,000 physicians, residents and medical students.
- The association was founded in 1853 as the Minnesota Medical Society. In 1869, the Minnesota Medical Society reorganized as the Minnesota State Medical Society. Then, in 1903, the Minnesota State Medical Society changed its name to the Minnesota Medical Association.
- In 1958, the MMA created a charitable foundation that focuses primarily on supporting the next generation of physicians with student loans.
- The MMA launched the journal Minnesota Medicine in 1918.
- The MMA successfully pushed for Minnesota’s Clean Indoor Air Act in 1975. It’s the first such law in the nation. In 2007, the MMA achieved its top public health priority with the passage of the Freedom to Breathe Act, which prohibits smoking in restaurants and bars.
- The MMA advocated for the passage of the primary seat belt law in 2009. As a result, the state saved $45 million in avoided hospital costs and experienced 68 fewer deaths between 2009 and 2011.
- Three members of the Mayo family have served as president: Two brothers (William James and Charles Horace) and their father (William Worrall).