Governance Evaluation Work Group
The 2013 MMA House of Delegates approved a variety of changes to MMA governance processes, including the establishment of a new Policy Council. The House also directed that the MMA develop specific metrics to determine whether the various governance changes are successful in increasing member engagement in policy decision-making. Annual reports on progress will be developed, with presentation of a full report to the 2016 House of Delegates.
To move the evaluation work forward, the MMA Board of Trustees has established a Governance Evaluation Work Group. The specific charge to the Work Group is as follows:
- Develop specific measures to determine whether the governance changes have:
- Increased member engagement in the public policy development process
- Improved member satisfaction
- Increased MMA membership
- Review and approve annual member updates on the progress of the governance changes
- Create report for action by 2016 House of Delegates.
Governance Measurement Report (Updated 01/13/2015)
The Work Group will be comprised of five members – two members appointed by the Policy Council, two appointed by the MMA Board of Trustees, plus the Speaker of the House of Delegates who will serve as chair. The members of the work group are:
- Robert Moravec, MD, Speaker of the House, Chair - St. Paul
- Stephen Cragle, MD, Policy Council member - St. Cloud
- Fatima Jiwa, MBChB, Board of Trustee member - Rogers
- Randy Rice, MD, Board of Trustee member - Moose Lake
- R. Jay Widmer, MD, Policy Council membe - Rochester
The Work Group had its first meeting on July 29, 2014 and is expected to will meet 2-3 times each year through mid-2016.