Telehealth Task Force
The Telehealth Task Force will examine a range of topics, including how current models and practices work; exploring how different physician specialties can use telehealth services; reimbursement issues; licensure and regulatory oversight of telehealth; and the quality of care standards and practices.
The MMA Policy Council authorized the formation of a Telehealth Task Force at its October 8, 2014 meeting. The purpose of the Task Force is to develop a comprehensive set of policy recommendations regarding telehealth.
The scope of work for the Task Force includes the following topics:
- General understanding of telehealth activity in Minnesota, including current models, practices, and technologies.
- Exploration of the implications of telehealth expansion for differently situated physicians, such as primary and non-primary care physicians, and rural and urban physicians.
- Telehealth reimbursement policies and practices.
- Licensure and regulatory oversight of telehealth and telehealth practitioners.
- Quality of care standards and practices.
Task Force Deliverables:
- A summary report describing the status of telehealth in Minnesota and and telehealth implications for Minnesota physicians. Completed by December 31, 2015.
- A set of policy recommendations with respect to telehealth quality, practice, regulation, payment, and patient/physician relationship.
Membership in the Telehealth Workgroup will consist of the following:
- Chairperson appointed by the Policy Council Chair
- Members from the Policy Council and outside of the Policy Council
- Target number of members is 12
- ad hoc attendance based on content expertise and other needs.
David Agerter, M.D.
Robert Anderson, M.D.
Elisabeth Bilden, M.D.
Charles Bruen, M.D.
Peter Dehnel, M.D.
Michael Farnsworth, M.D.
Rebecca Hafner-Fogarty, M.D.
Kathleen Hall, M.D.
Kenneth Kephart, M.D.
Bradford Landry, M.D.
Kathryn Lombardo. M.D. - Chair
Steve Ommen, M.D.
Neil Shah, M.D.
Gregory Sherr, M.D.
Theresa Smith, M.D.
Gary Starr, M.D.
Robert Widmer, M.D.
Linda Williams, M.D.
Andrew Zinkel, M.D.
Janet Silversmith - Staff
Theresa Knoedler - Staff