To improve MMA governance effectiveness, to identify board education and development opportunities, and to conduct leadership and board assessments.
- Identify, monitor, and recommend actions to the board to improve board effectiveness, learning, and development.
- Recommend approaches to improve board structures and functions.
- Assess performance of MMA trustees, board-elected officers, and AMA delegation members. Communicate results of such assessments to the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee.
- Identify and communicate annually with the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee a statement of competencies and personal attributes needed on the MMA board and/or delegation to the AMA.
- Review on a biennial basis MMA committee structures.
- Review and draft bylaws changes, as needed, for board and membership approval.
The Governance Committee is composed of 7 members:
- the board chair;
- 5 current board members appointed by the board chair;
- MMA CEO (ex-officio, non-voting member)
The board chair will appoint a Governance Committee Chair from among the five board members.
Terms are for three years, with a maximum of two terms.
The Governance Committee will meet on a periodic basis to accomplish their assigned tasks.
- Mailyn Peitso, MD, Chair
- Edwin Bogonko, MD
- Paul Matson, MD
- Randy Rice, MD
- Abigail Ring, MD
- Doug Wood, MD
- Janet Silversmith, Ex Officio