Conversations on Race and Health Equity
Join us for Conversations on Race & Equity (CoRE). The CoRE series is a safe and respectful virtual space for physicians to discuss topics related to anti-racism, implicit bias, and cultural humility. Facilitated dialogue based on curated content will provide a forum for critical reflection on these issues.
Conversations on race and equity are challenging but necessary to overcome avoidance of these issues, promote understanding, and advance equity. Participants will be equipped with the tools to continue these conversations and work toward making Minnesota health care an inclusive environment for all.
Each 1-hour session will take place via Zoom under the guidance and support of a physician and a health equity specialist host. Prior to each session, participants will read or view selected content relevant to the monthly topic. Carefully crafted questions will guide the live conversations.
Participation in the entire series is not required. Physicians may join as few or as many conversations as they would like.
Registration is free and open to all members of the MMA. Up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
are available per session.
Schedule & Registration:
Registration coming soon
- October 26, 12PM – Anti-Racism: Why is it so difficult to talk about race?
- October 31, 8AM – Anti-Racism: Why is it so difficult to talk about race?
- November 9, 12PM – Cultural Humility vs. Cultural Competence
- November 10, 8AM – Cultural Humility vs. Cultural Competence
- December 6, 12PM – Implicit Bias & Microaggressions
- December 7, 8AM – Implicit Bias & Microaggressions
- January (dates TBD) – Centering the Experiences of Diverse Physicians
- February (dates TBD) – Allyship and Action
Please contact Haley Brickner
, health equity coordinator for questions.
Funding for this program generously provided by UCare.