11 Minnesota Hospitals Named Top Performers in Quality, Patient Safety
[MMA News Now, Sept. 27, 2012] The Joint Commission recently released its Annual Report on Quality and Safety, which reported that 620 U.S. hospitals received top marks for quality and patient safety.
Last year, only 405 hospitals made the list. The designation is based on hospitals' performance during 2011 across 45 accountability measures in areas such as pneumonia care, heart-failure care and inpatient psychiatric services.
Minnesota hospitals on the list included:
• Cambridge Medical Center in Cambridge
• Fairview Southdale in Edina
• Mayo Clinic Health System in Fairmont
• Unity Hospital in Fridley
• Kanabec Hospital in Mora
• Mayo Clinic Health System in New Prague
• Fairview Northland Health Service in Princeton
• Fairview Red Wing Medical Center in Red Wing
• Regions Hospital in St. Paul
• Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Services in Willmar
• Fairview Lakes Medical Center in Wyoming
Fairview Southdale, Unity and Regions were identified as top performers in four categories.
The nonprofit Joint Commission, based in suburban Chicago, accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the U.S.
For more information go online.