[MMA News Now, Jan. 23, 2014]
Join the MMA for one of the most important days of the year for Minnesota physicians. Registration is now open for the 2014 Day at the Capitol, which takes place March 13 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the state Capitol and St. Paul’s University Club
The 2014 session, which begins Feb. 25, will be fast-paced with plenty of crucial health care legislation. Key MMA issues include:
• Regulating e-cigarettes
• Ensuring an integrated team approach to health care with advanced practice registered nurses
• Prohibiting minors from using tanning beds
• Aligning Minnesota’s data privacy practices with HIPAA
• Strengthening the Prescription Monitoring Program to fight opioid misuse
• Restoring the Newborn Screening Program
• Ensuring the repeal of the provider tax
• Replacing Provider Peer Grouping with a data program that helps improve quality
For more than 20 years, MMA has hosted Day at the Capitol as its marquee meeting between Minnesota physicians and state lawmakers. The MMA created the event to provide physicians the opportunity to meet lawmakers face to face and discuss health-related concerns they and their patients face.
The day will include briefings and updates from MMA staff, remarks from key legislative and administrative officials, meetings with individual legislators as well as a late-afternoon reception for physicians.
For more information and to register, click here