Please plan to join us on March 13, 2014, for our next Day at the Capitol.
- Get an update from MMA leaders and staff about MMA's legislative agenda
- Hear directly from legislative leaders
- Meet with your elected officials
- Join us to influence the debate in St. Paul
||Welcome and Review of Issue Briefs
||Keynote Speaker - Tony Lourey (DFL-Kerrick), Chair, Senate's Health and Human Services Finance Committee
||Individual Legislative Meetings
|4 – 6
||Reception at the University Club
420 Summit Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55102
|*We are working on scheduling legislative leaders to speak.
2014 Key Issues
- Regulating e-cigarettes
- Ensuring an integrated team approach to health care with advanced practice registered nurses
- Prohibiting minors from using tanning beds
- Aligning Minnesota’s data privacy practices with HIPAA
- Strengthening the Prescription Monitoring Program to fight opioid misuse
- Restoring the Newborn Screening Program
- Ensuring the repeal of the provider tax
- Replacing Provider Peer Grouping with a data program that helps improve quality
For parking options, please check out this map.
The MMA offers several ways for physicians to advocate for the issues they care about in their communities and at the Capitol.
- Capitol Rounds
The MMA can arrange your very own personal day at the capitol anytime with a one-hour casual meeting with your state representative or senator.
- District Dialogues
The MMA can also bring your state senators and representatives to you and your clinic staff through a District Dialogue, a one-hour casual meeting that can be held in a home, at a coffee shop, at your clinic or at any other venue that’s convenient for you.
For either Capitol Rounds or District Dialogues, contact Evelyn Clark, Manager of Grassroots and Political Engagement at 612-362-3739.
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
G & K Services
Lake Superior Medical Society
Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP)
Minnesota Chapter, American College of Cardiology
Minnesota Chapter, American College of Physicians
Minnesota Dermatological Society
Minnesota Psychiatric Society
Minnesota Society of Anesthesiology
Stearns Benton Medical Society
Twin Cities Medical Society
Zumbro Valley Medical Society