Thanks to all of those who attended this year's Day at the Capitol. It was a great success!
2014 Key Issues
- Regulating e-cigarettes
- Ensuring an integrated team approach to health care with advanced practice registered nurses
- Prohibiting minors from using tanning beds
- Aligning Minnesota’s data privacy practices with HIPAA
- Strengthening the Prescription Monitoring Program to fight opioid misuse
- Restoring the Newborn Screening Program
- Ensuring the repeal of the provider tax
- Replacing Provider Peer Grouping with a data program that helps improve quality
The MMA offers several ways for physicians to advocate for the issues they care about in their communities and at the Capitol.
- Capitol Rounds
The MMA can arrange your very own personal day at the capitol anytime with a one-hour casual meeting with your state representative or senator.
- District Dialogues
The MMA can also bring your state senators and representatives to you and your clinic staff through a District Dialogue, a one-hour casual meeting that can be held in a home, at a coffee shop, at your clinic or at any other venue that’s convenient for you.
For either Capitol Rounds or District Dialogues, contact Evelyn Clark, Manager of Grassroots and Political Engagement at 612-362-3739.
Thanks to all of our sponsors
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association
G & K Services
Lake Superior Medical Society
Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP)
Minnesota Chapter, American College of Cardiology
Minnesota Chapter, American College of Physicians
Minnesota Dermatological Society
Minnesota Psychiatric Society
Minnesota Society of Anesthesiology
Stearns Benton Medical Society
Twin Cities Medical Society
Zumbro Valley Medical Society