Accreditation and Continuing Medical Education
Mission: To champion, oversee and deliver high-quality ACCME-compliant medical education for Minnesota physicians.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the MMA accreditation and CME programs that comply with the criteria of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- Serve as the MMA's agent to accredit intrastate CME sponsors.
- Coordinate CME activities sponsored by the MMA and those jointly sponsored with non-accredited organizations.
- Advocate the importance of continuing medical education in high quality health care delivery.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory issues that may affect CME opportunities, requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Communicate issues pertinent to continuing medical education and maintenance of certification to the Board of Trustees and MMA membership.